We've been wanting to develop some pictures for years now, just some simple, family-and-friends-and-travel kind of pictures. But as with many things in life, the want surpasses the act which has been procrastinated, and our digital album continues to grow.
From day-to-day, I'm pretty unfazed by what my generation has done for photography. I suppose every generation has contribution which could be considered revolutionary. Look how far we've come from the beginning! From photography as purely a means of documentation, to artistic pursuit, to expensive hobby, to medical revolution, to this, that, that, and today, it could be anything - a representation of a lifestyle or as trivial as a thing to do while you're waiting for the bus. I only use the word 'trivial' to mean common and almost unthinking, I don't really mean to trivialise how easily we can do, what we can with a camera now. Look how far we've come in the last ten years!
I have in my possession an interesting book with lots of 19th century pictures of our country - which looked so much like London! Imagine if the colonial buildings had not been destroyed and our modern day high rise built around them. How differently would we have grown up? These old pictures, they inspire my imagination every time I look at them. It was a dream of mine to time travel.
Did you know that the first photograph of Singapore was taken in 1844 using the dagguereotype process which records the image on a metal plate? You can see this artefact at where I work.
Anyway, Ming finally sorted the pictures and I was given the task of filtering the stash before we send them to the studio. I found pictures that made me recall some good times!
The first three pictures were taken in Venice back in September 2006. It was Summer turning Autumn and the weather was great everyday we were there. The first picture I really, really like, with both Me and Ming at St Marco Square.
The second and third pictures are here to illustrate how photogenic Ming is and what a nice smile she has! Getting a ticket for the water taxi, and going down a flight of steps at Teatro La Fenice (if I didn't get the name wrong).
This one with JY was also taken in 2006, but earlier in Easter which was around April. We were at Vatican City. I don't know what we were trying to achieve with this picture... humour, I guess.
No comments:
Post a Comment