Monday, 26 December 2011

another neigh another day... actually another year. I just really wanted to write that!

Tonight I round up my year 2011. Oh how infrequent my blog entries here! Tonight I don’t want to do anything else but write my blogs.

I go through my calendar and the pictures in my computer to recall what 2011 has been all about. Many of the events seem so far away like they were of a different year. Like attending Art Stage, watching Red Rose White Rose and Murder in San Jose at the Esplanade, going on Casual Poet’s programme, my ukulele lessons… they all feel over and done, like they have been dusted and filed away for a long time. Which I think, is an indication that it has been an eventful year.

I was very fortunate that I got to travel quite a bit this year, and I should really get down to recording every trip in a blog post with pictures and all because that would be an easy way for me to recall those lovely times. And although I may seem very much the same, each trip made a difference to the person I am. The trip to Taipei was most significant as I returned home ready to embrace God.

I only have one resolution for the coming year and that would be to rest my body, mind and soul, every intention, need and want in the Lord. I am very grateful to God for all the blessings He has showered unto my underserved life. In the coming year I hope for my thoughts and perceptions to be a little less human and a little more like Him.

Another major, major, major thing was starting ONZ with JY! It’s crazy hard work but fun, and also fun to learn this whole business and management thing. It has been training my mind to switch between work mode and rest mode more quickly as I catch pockets of time to relax. I hope to acquire the skill to read intermittently!

So much has happened. As Pastor Prince always says, what we can see, what is tangible is not eternal. My cousin Sue-ann has left us. My parents have moved out for six months now, my world is changing but it still feels very much the same. Everything, routine and all, seemed to have “settled comfortably” after a while into their places. I don't really mean “life goes on” in that endless hamster wheel kind of way but yes, we do go on to make those choices we make and again I must remind myself to always choose to be happy!

Wabi.






No comments: