Thursday, 8 March 2007

DSCN2017

Oftentimes, before I fall into sleep, my mind is filled with little snippets of interesting dialogue or scenarios that keep me awake. I would think to blog about them the next day but alas, I will lose them all to the deep, dark night and as daybreak comes along, I haul an empty head awake.

The two seconds when I first rouse from sleep is perhaps my most innocent and pure self, (as what Justin had said in an interview). And I think it is true. But the fun only kicks in at the third second when my brain fills up with memories of the long and short term and I remember that yesterday and today are reasons to smile. I’ll need five more minutes to indulge in this semi-slumber. A gratifying way to wake up.

Then there were times, when waking up was a nightmare, when the impending day meant responsibilities that I dreaded or consequences that I feared. There were times when I wished I could melt into my bedsheet and go back into the land of reality. Because, after all, dreams are my reality lalalala… haha! You all know that song?

Recently, it has been ok. The nights are not that bad, the difficulty in falling asleep has become a habit that I can work around. Sometimes I’m kept occupied to the point of drowsiness and it’ll probably take thirty minutes from then. I also know that if I really tire myself out in the day, I’d probably sleep easy. I went swimming on Monday and was dead tired when ten o’clock came around, only to wake up three hours later… feeling well rested. So that was good.

Anyway, there must be a gazillion serious, important things happening in the world right now, yet here I am blogging about my sleeping habits. Haha! Ooh… my nails are growing too, have I told you that? Haha!

DSCN5316

Ok, ok, I actually baked yesterday! I took out the trusty ol’ F&N file for reference and ended up with little fairy cakes. Oh, I really mean FAIRY cakes. Hahaha! The narcissist wrote my name on this one! To tell you the truth, this is the only one that I bothered to take a picture of because piping the cream took some effort so later I just spread it all out on top. My tuition kid (he’s only ten years old) got to try some of the cakes (nice or not?) because he had been such a good kid!!! Because he blogged about me!!! He wrote some things that were true (sing well, innocent, patient… the usual…) but there were also some lies (me? cunning? how on earth?). I guess it’s up to me to steer him away from such vices (such as lying) from now. I am, after all, his tutor… heh heh heh…

Oh, and for somebody who totally doesn’t deserve such luxury, I am very lucky. Ming bought me these!!!

DSCN5313

I AM STILL A SONY FAN!

No comments: