Monday, 19 March 2007

Last week has been pretty fun. It was ZJ’s holidays and JY and I took it upon us to ensure his utmost discipline in studying; I suspect he secretly enjoyed it. We went in to JB for an intensive studying trip, or so we planned. The two pigs were still sleeping when I composed part of this blog entry while looking forward to breakfast. Hee hee.

I think ZJ really did a lot more work than he would normally have done and perhaps now he can understand that he has the capacity to study when he put his heart to it. As JY said, studying is a sacrifice but, ZJ you have to do it for now! And you can do it!!!

I’ve never been very happy with the education system in Singapore. I’ve always felt like I’d been herded into it, the extra limb chopped off to fit into their mould of a worthy being. But the alternative is no easy way out, most of the time it’s too big a risk to take. Such is the pains of reality in Singapore and possibly a large part of the world. Try to think of studying as a branch of filial piety then, since it’s what our parents want us to do all the time anyway. I am grateful for the opportunity to receive education, just not for the monotonous content and the lack of choice. Oh, and the boring teachers. (Better cunning than boring, isn’t it?)

There’s a fundamental difference between being in JB and Singapore and that is, that my parents were not there to quietly monitor my slackness. I’ve been meaning to say this for sometime now. I feel that there’s an invisible haze of pressure following me everywhere when I’m in Singapore. I know that some pressure is good and I will handle it, but I need just a little while more to recuperate. Although my current situation seem to be cause for worry, I don’t think I’ll remain problematic for long. Really.

And as I type this, I’m aware that I’m telling it more to myself than anybody else. Well, I do have a knack for talking to myself. Hee hee.

Oh well, all things big or small, bad or good will blow over in time to come. Time is the antidote because when they all become memories, it’s just gonna be good :)

Yay!


mix copy

I found two photos on Little Prawn that I think look pretty nice. The one with HW was taken with HW’s mobile and the one with JY is taken with erm… JY’s mobile… ZJ’s famous ‘No stress. No Worries. Just TUITION’ photo was taken at TCC the other night, the moment when elemental lights emerged from his back (cannot see from this picture).

For the uninformed:
elemental 1. wild and powerful; like the forces of nature (the elemental fury of the storm) 2. basic and important (an elemental truth)

No comments: