It had occurred most often while I was trimming my nails. A dislodged piece would fall out from the nail clipper into the Land of the Lost & Found. I remember losing other things, erasers, coins, mostly small things, a few big things.
The door to the Land of the Lost & Found opens and closes on earth everyday to varying degrees but always when you least expect it. Yesterday, I was coiling the wires of my hairdryer, as I tried to secure it with the (what do you call it) metal twist, it slipped my fingers. The metal twist ricocheted off my right foot before it fell to the ground. But it wasn’t round like a ball so it couldn’t have bounced or rolled far. I assessed every possible angle but no, it wasn’t there. Fact is it wasn’t in my room anymore. It had fallen into the deep dark hole that is the entrance to the Land of the Lost & Found.
And so I realized that the Door had opened last night right here in my room, possibly just a centimeter from where I was standing. Had I moved that little bit, dipped my toe in and lost balance, I will not be here now, typing, telling you this. I should then be in the Land of the Lost & Found, finding what I’ve lost over the years and getting myself lost in the labyrinth of things. Aren’t you curious to see the Land of the Lost & Found?
Aren’t you curious to know who you might see in the Land of the Lost & Found?
*Shiver*
(We’ve lost our chatterbox too!)
No comments:
Post a Comment