Friday, 11 August 2006

I’m gripped by a sudden fear that should I die now, people are going to read my diary(s) thinking that, you know… oh, we miss Su so much… it’s ok that we get more of her now that she’s dead. No, it’s not ok. Please don’t do that. If not you will be cursed and your children will be cursed. If you have no children then your friends’ children will be cursed. If you have no friends then, ok, only you will be cursed.

If I die and you find my diary(s), please don’t throw them away. Help me tape them up in a durable plastic bag and label clearly at the front:
Anyone born in or after the year A.D. 2044, and is alive in the year A.D. 2144 has Liew Suyi’s permission to read her diaries. Trespassers (and their children) will be cursed.

Then keep them safe. When you have children, pass them to your most reliable child and ask it (don’t know him or her) to pass them to its most reliable child. Hopefully my diaries can be a valued as an archive of sorts in A.D. 2144 although I write nothing on current issues and politics.
If you find doing this too much of a hassle, then burn them to me. Thanks!

No comments: