I also seek solace in the great mess in my room.

I can be messy, but I’m rarely this messy.

And I’m only this messy, because I’ve started packing for home.
Deconstructing my room bit by bit… …
I’ve dragged out my suitcase and put two random stacks of clothes into it. I’ve also brought out my fairly large hand-carry, and together with all my other soft bags, it’s strewn across the carpet of my room. I’ve filled the tea chest I’m shipping home and left its flaps to jut out as they please. I poke into it from time to time for things that (I now realise) I still need. I’ve emptied my shelves of unwanted magazines and they now lie in two bulging paper bags by my cupboard. Finally, just for today, you see hangers perched on curtain rails and clothes lopped over open boxes as laundry is left out to dry.
I am not proud of the mess. I leave my cupboard open as a shield, so anyone standing at my door will not catch sight of this complete disaster (or piece of art, depending on how you relate to it). But it gives me an illusion that I’m living out of my suitcase and makes me feel like a person in transit. Home is coming! And I feel better.
It’s strange that I’m more homesick now, than any other time over the course of the year because home is less than two months away. But as with all difficulties, this trying period, once overcome, will make a different person of me. Flowers will bloom from my split-ends and I’ll grow an inch taller. Haha! Thank God I don’t have to stay for another year.
I’m reminded of this dorama. The female lead (Nakayama Miho) goes on a holiday and on her way home, gets embroiled in all sorts of ‘adventures’, diverting her from her journey. Sounds interesting but I’m not watching it anytime soon… don’t wanna have nightmares.
No comments:
Post a Comment