Monday, 30 April 2007

Yippee... egged on by HW, I'm gonna be posting alot of long overdue pictures today! I'm just gonna sort of document the events so hopefully it'll not be too boring...


Set One

Jack's Place!!! Just in case some people have a misconception about the restaurant, their food is really in the not-that-ex-yet-quite-tasty region. We were there several weeks ago for dinner. That night was meant to be spent at Balaclava watching Ein, Kewei & Serene sing but cos the place was so crowded and not to mention, DY was actually underaged (WTH!!! That place is for old people???) we left. Oh well, the crowd that night seemed like old-fogey poseurs anyway.
After Jack's place we headed to Geylang for durians but we didn't take any pictures there. Ok, the durians that day were just ok... but I think DY had a field time flirting with durian seller 猪强哥! Haha... cute name...

DSCN5318
This is what I had for dinner.

DSCN5320
Here's Ming and me... before I cut my hair.

DSCN5319
And here's HW & JY, before JY cut her hair! HW was saying she don't have many recent photos taken with JY, there you go!


Set Two

About a week ago, I think, Ming & I went down to the Esplanade cos Ein was performing with Kewei, Alfred & Peter. We couldn't resist being touristy and taking pictures!!! Anyway, more tourist activities later!

DSCN5390

DSCN5395
Seriously, 有那么开心吗?

DSCN5396
And here's Ming, of course she's always 开心!!!

DSCN5397
Ein looks like a blur here cos my camera is really not that good but in fact she was super cool on stage!!!

DSCN5400
A much clearer pic of Ein and the rest of them.


Set Three

WH's friend, Ken, was visiting and she, being the most hospitable host, rounded up the onz-est people in Singapore to keep him company! Heh.
I do enjoy showing my friends around when they come... and WH's excitement pre-Ken's arrival reminded me of Lian's trip 3-4 years ago!!! Lian, 快来找我!
Ok, we started the day with Yakun brunch then KTV at Cash Studio.

DSCN5402
Super emo KTV-ing!!! Thanks Jesse for sharing my emo corner!!! That guy in red is Ken and he sounds like Takeshi Kaneshiro.

DSCN5403
Ming doing her thing...

DSCN5404
Or course we got to sit in the Toy Car again! Off to shopping as Ken very generously contributed to our well-being by boosting the Singapore economy! WH looking pleased as a cheshire cat!

DSCN5407
There's me trying to be funny!

DSCN5414
This is me again... duh... taking the chance to get more me-in-the-Toy-Car shots when we stopped over at a petrol kiosk. Ming looks good!

DSCN5413
Jesse, demonstrating how and where to pump petrol. Cool right?

DSCN5416
And finally, a group shot outside MOS at the end of the long, long day... which didn't feel that long really! (Hey! HW, we don't look that oily!)


Set Four

Ming and I just can't seem to get enough of the tourist thing! Last Sunday, when there was no singing class, we decided to check out Earshot cafe at The Art House.

DSCN5421
We were on our way there from Raffles Place station. The weather looks so good on picture but infact the heat was maddening!
And here I am posing with my birthday present from the gals! Erm... some of the gals still don't know that this is their birthday present to me so let me tell ya gals now! Hehheh... I want some 黄俊郎 books as my prezzie! Thanks! Erm... I've bought them so you can pay me next time! 哈哈哈!(I'll blog more on the books in another entry... I started on the first one and it's quite inspiring!)

DSCN5422
Taking pictures of Ming like that reminds me of the time when me and her went touring in Yokohama. It was so fun! I really miss all the day trips (or just trips) we took together. I remember we walked like shit at Yokohama and it was kinda cold but all the pictures turned out so nicely. The discovery element was very strong as we made our way into little nooks and crannies and found quaint little shops. Ahhh... Japan... When I think back on those Japan times now I realise how I possessed an inquisitive spirit then... and now?

DSCN5426
Ahhh! Fat arm!!! Hahaha... why do my pictures all look like 沙龙照!
Anyway, on this tourist-foreigner thing, so I kinda look like a Japanese on my good days, right? I was doing a recording for Tristan the other day (should have been a good day) and upon knowing that I majored in Japanese Studies, Tristan's friend, Adrian, who was mixing for us, said, 'Oh... no wonder you look abit like a Japanese! It's purposely one right? Ohhh... it's purposely one, right?' Hahahaha... no leh, it's not purposely one! How to purposely???

DSCN5427
Singapore can look nice too!!! :)

DSCN5430
This is Earshot cafe. We came because I felt like writing and 早报 ran a very positive feature on them that morning. Thing is, they don't serve food on Sundays so we could only get drinks. Still, it is a nice quiet place with a literary ambience and indeed, it was conducive for writing.

DSCN5435
Here's my cup of cappucino, looking very depressed. Hurhur.

DSCN5434
And to prove that I was there!

Ok, more pics next time! Hopefully we'll take some nice ones at today's picnic! Ahhh... I'm late already!

No comments: