My cute little guinea pig.
From erm… I think the name’s Eric’s Pet Clinic. I saw (him/her?) it for the first time last October, from the glass window of Eric’s Pet Clinic at Happy Valley. I visited it everyday because something drew me to it. Perhaps it’s the black patch on its other eye, or perhaps it’s the diseased skin. It looked so cute, so pitiful but loveable. I really wanted it, not another guinea pig but only IT. It had that ability to make me want to take care of it and like… play with it… hee hee! Ahhh… in my dreams. Anyway, I visited HK again, two months later and it was still there! Its counterpart Black Guinea Pig was gone but Diseased Skin was still there! I love you, Diseased Skin!
Isn’t it funny how people can sometimes grow attached to something/someone foreign and unobtainable (but familiar), yet be nonchalant towards the near and accessible? Ok, the link is quite a distance away so leap with me.
The actress Xu Wei Lun passed away some weeks ago from a freak car accident and her death came as a big shock to many, moved them to tears. A cute young classmate of mine wrote in her blog that she was ultra sad – tears, anger, bewilderment, the entire package. I know how it is, I cried like shit when Leslie Cheung committed suicide.
I met her for class the following weekend. There’s a new security guard, she told me. He is weird. He freaked her out on her way up.
Yes, I noticed there was a new security guard. The uncle that used to say hello and good bye and on one occasion complained at length about something I couldn’t catch wasn’t there today.
She said the new security guard had entered the lift with her and suddenly gave a big moan. He then went on to tell her that the uncle had passed away. So scary, she said.
The uncle passed away?
At this point, the cleaning auntie came in and said, “He had a heart attack. It was just two days ago.” It didn’t seem like a very pleasant journey.
…..
That Xu Wei Lun was young and beautiful and unfortunate is a tragedy and her accident did remind me that life is vulnerable and should be lived not spent. But I will never see the uncle again on Saturdays. I will never hear more of his intelligible grouches. He won’t be there to ‘bye’ me away with his dismissal wave. And I didn’t even say goodbye... And for me, well, this hits harder.
No comments:
Post a Comment