Bad karma.
I decided to skip work today as my tummy wasn't feeling good. Instead of getting off at Buona Vista Station, i went to Chinese Garden Station instead in order to give Ron a surprise. Visions of a day of nuah-ing with him and then to yoga at Fitness First Plus danced in my head. All went well until we were preparing to leave for breakfast.
I accidently knocked his half-filled Nalgene water bottle off the table UNKNOWINGLY. The next thing i knew, there was an intense pain in my right foot. The stupid bottle landed right smack on my TOES.
Tears welled up and i started bawling like a baby. IT HURT!!!! I rolled on Ron's bed for almost ten minutes. Though he tried his best to comfort me, the pain was simply unbearable.
I checked my toes gingerly when the tears subsided. The 3rd and 4th toes were slightly red and showed signs of swelling. He helped me out to the living room and a sharp pain shot up my foot when i tried to walk.
Ron had to leave me at home to ice my toes when he went to buy breakfast. After breakfast, my toes showed no signs of recovering and we decided to pay Jurong Polyclinic a visit.
We managed to persuade the receptionist that my case was urgent and was in and out of the polyclinic in an hour. Even x-rayed my toes and fixed an appointment at Alexandra Hospital as there was a slight FRACTURE on my 4th toe.
Next stop, the hospital.
The final verdict is a fracture of my toe and 1 month MC. I won't have to be put in a cast/splint but walking is a bitch. And i'm gonna be working from home this week.Harhar! It's so silly!
All because i skipped work. But i'm enjoying it. *winks at Su* Hurhurhur.
No comments:
Post a Comment