Monday, 18 April 2005

The blog has been lonely... sighs. Blame work, blame work!

I just had tuition with Jesse's cousin, he's called Jim. I must say he inspires me some times. He's writing a play now and I thought the story is pretty interesting (but I shall not say it for it is his story and his copyright) and I thought he's a lot more matured than my cousin Suemin (whom I thought was matured) but that is a digression. I mean, how many times had I thought of writing something like that (A play! A story!) when I was younger, but I didn't. Alas! Those years have drifted me by and I no longer have the heart or the pen of a nubile sixteen. A pity.

Anyway, Jim is a very colorful character and he likes the Beatles (like me!) and he's quite an artist. Interesting, interesting! I must say, I look forward to the tuition though he probably dreads it. It offers the most welcoming respite from my work week. My job.

My job. I'm almost embarrassed to talk about it because I dread it so much. So I shall not. Whatever comes out of my mouth would be complains and I have complained too much about the job already.

Oh! But I remembered one thing that I wanted to say and it's not a complain. (WH knows this!) Part of my job is to crop all the employee photos (All! From all over the world! Thousands of them!) for some E-job description thingy. The point is, I Photoshop-ed some of the pictures to give the employees better skin! Hehheh! Am I kind or what? (what?)


Well the intention was kind!

Thought it would make my work more meaningful that way. And Jesse, now that I know your brother's name, does he wanna pay me to make him look better? Hehhhehheh...
The coincidental thing is, when I was at the cinema with Ming last Sunday, I saw one of the girls that I Photoshop-ed! So I quickly pointed her out to Ming. And that was that.

Next thing, I have (FINALLY) been offered a Conditional Offer at Warwick University. Conditional meaning they still need me to send in something before they will Confirm my placement. What they need from me is another reference letter which I have approached my handsome Italian ex-lecturer to write. Why I didn't approach him in the first place, is because he has left NUS. Now though, I have no choice because most of my lecturers have left NUS and the remaining ones... didn't do too well in their modules.
So anyway, he has agreed to write the reference for me! Yay! And in the last email he sent, he said, "You can call me U______" (referring to his name, instead of having me always writing "Dear Sir," I suppose!)


I am so thrilled! Haha!

It's a cheap thrill but, he is really very handsome! Ask Wei!!! She knows!!! I think I'm being rather blatant here... if ever he comes to know of this, I shall deny.
But as I always say, "If I ever become famous," you guys can sell this, not a problem. Make some money.

One last thing and I dedicate this to HW. Was looking through my JC diary (of sorts) and I'm so impressed by my younger self. I can't begin to imagine the flood of angst and emotions I used to feel! How long ago was it? Gosh, I use to write with such passion. I feel I was direct but never too brutal. I feel that my writing was laced with a quiet pain. At least it looks like that to me when I read it now. Oh, and sometimes I was poetic! (WH, I used to write poems to myself but not anymore.)
I think I'm a lot more Zen nowadays and that although healthy, is not something which breeds creativity. Do you remember Lu Lao Shi said once that all the famous philosophers (Like Confucius) came about during war-torn times? Like Luan4 Shi4 Chu1 Ying1 Xiong2 kinda thing. The happier I am, the more insensitive I become.


Where go my morose soul? Sometimes I want you back!

No comments: