Ah, the perils of an appetite.
All of us are sporting taut tummies from KL. Not taut abs, mind you. They are tummies pregnant with food. We completely over ate.
Instead of the regular, boring diary, Nobuko said her boyfriend used to list down his meals everyday as what he ate helped him recall his daily events. In remembrance of our 4 day Malaysia trip, I shall do the job of documenting our meals.
(People involved: Me, HW, JY, Ming & Nobuko)
27/01 Thurs
Supper: We reached JB past 2200hrs, maybe even later and proceeded for Supper at Danga Bay. (place name provided by JY) Nobuko & I went crazy, we had orange juice. (Ref: movie Notting Hill), Ming had Teh Ping and JY & HW Iced Milo. All of us shared fried vermicelli, omelette rice, satay, rojak, and a tofu dish. JY’s parents had Ice kachang and some boiled peanuts. The food was pretty good and we were glad we ate because we had some serious work to do late into the dead night.
28/01 Fri
Breakfast/Lunch: Some Chinese New Year cookies at JY’s place then we set off for Hakka food. Fried bean sprouts, the very popular liver & kidney soup, a meat thing which I don’t know how to describe (but you girls should remember when I say ‘meat thing’) and another tofu dish. The bean sprouts HW didn’t eat. All these went down pretty well. Too well infact! We stuffed ourselves.
In Between: Before we set off for KL, we made a stop at Lavender, a pastry shop where you can sit in for coffee too. Reeling from the after effects of lunch, we didn’t eat anything immediately but all had takeaway coffee which was essential for long drives. 30min into the drive, Nobuko ate her Cheese stick cake… -_-!!!
Just before we made our 2nd stop at a peeing station, HW exclaimed in her signature voice (you have to know her to know her voice of course) “I’m so FULL, I’m so FOOOOOOoooo!” yes, lunch was indeed very filling. I nodded sympathetically; I might even have shed a tear if she did not proceed to whip out Lavender’s Japanese pastry and happily fed herself… -_-!!!
At the 2nd peeing station, we had Baskin Robins ice-cream! Ming offered for the 100th time the information that we used to eat this brand of ice cream when we were in Japan! I nodded enthusiastically. Some things you can just repeat again and again. It’s a branch of long-windedness.
Dinner: Dinner was Peranakan food at Wang Utama after some shopping! I thought it was pretty good other than the Beef Rendang but the rest, I think, thought the Chicken stew was slightly sweet. I observed that Ming didn’t venture the sambal kangkong as usual but she did try the Szechuan soup although it looked spicy. Applause, applause! I gave dinner my all but apparently JY and HW left some space for desserts which they didn’t have time to order. They made up for that by eating the weird cracker tidbits offered at Red Box KTV. I would never touch those.
Supper: When I got home (home for those few days was JY’s cousin’s place) however, I was hungry and ate my Cheese stick cake from Lavender. It was ok. I think I saw HW eat some Red Bean bread bought at Lavender as well.
29/01 Sat
Breakfast/Lunch: First we had fried noodles at home, not bad! We all ate a lot of it but got hungry by the time we reached Sungei Wang Plaza so we had Teppanyaki there (which was lunch). HW was so hungry she ordered a Chawanmushi to share and even requested the Indian waiter to serve it immediately. Don’t ask me how she did it; I only heard something like “Can come now?” Her chicken dish was better than my beef dish. The food was pretty tasty, the only drawback being weird insects crawling around the table.
In Between: JY & I had Starbucks (which was bleah!) while doing pedicure. Ming & HW had their tea-time at some obscure (?) 6th floor café in Sungei Wang Plaza which I don’t know the name of. Nobuko had a very good slice of chocolate cake in a shop/café in Sungei Wang Plaza too. She saw everybody eating it and so she ingeniously ordered it as well!
Dinner: Dinner was Chicken Hotdogs for all of us other than HW who opted for the Macs Prosperity Burger. She gallantly offered me a bite and I suggested to her that it would be better with ketchup but she politely declined saying there was already the pepper sauce. Dinner was more of eating for the sake of eating. We had to refuel ourselves for some serious arm workout later on in the evening. Turn out we had a lot of workout for our legs too. And heart.
Supper: After using up all out energy and possibly losing whatever weight we may have gained from the trip, we went home for instant noodles. Korean seafood instant noodles to be exact. Ming had Chu Qian Yi Ding in beef flavour. I was in a pensive mood and the rest slightly mellow but we still found the noodles to be utterly satisfying! We proceeded for a movie at the impressive in-house theatre before we went to bed. I fell asleep for 15min in the middle of the movie, damn!
30/01 Sun
Breakfast/Lunch: ‘Breakfast/Lunch’ is always put together because we woke up late but insisted on eating both meals. Tsk tsk tsk... JY’s auntie Ta Pao-ed breakfast for us. It was Wanton Noodles for me and the rest had some of that and fried Kway Teow and Fried Noodles. There were some Malay Kuay but I didn’t have any of that. Ming ate a piece and Nobuko too. Two seconds later, we proceeded to Klang for Bak Kut Teh. JY’s brother highly recommended the Bak Kut Teh from Yong Chun but we went to the wrong shop and by the time he joined us after parking, we were all settled in the neighbour/competitor shop. Oh well, we all thought the food was good still! They provided chopped garlic to go with the dishes and I had to have a Smint after that or risk smelling of garlic for the whole day. It was Smints all round.
In Between: We had takeaway coffee from Secret Recipe. Coffee was needed again for the long drive ahead. HW had Iced Chocolate and Ming nothing. About an hour into the drive I felt like eating something sweet. JY offered her soggy Japanese pastry biscuit from Lavender. Remember Lavender from Friday? It wasn’t very edible so I only took a bite.
Dinner: Dinner was in JB at a place aptly called 大排挡. With a straight face, JY ordered for us 越南一只骨!!! Har har! Ignore the name, it was good! We also had prawns and crabs and veggies. It was good! The last thing I put into my mouth that night was lemon flavoured Mentos offered by HW at Lavender. We revisited the shop for pastries to bring back to Singapore.
And that was the end of our very FULL-FILLING trip.
I hope this will let you recall the fun we had there.
No comments:
Post a Comment